Sunday, March 29, 2009

Flight of the Bumblebee


by John O'Keefe-Odom

Usually when musicians ask me, Got any requests?  I'll tell them, "Flight of the Bumblebee!"  Just because it's hard to play.  

These guys could actually do it.  

Out of all the street musicians I've come across over the years, these two musicians are the only ones who actually started playing Flight of the Bumblebee.  Then, they segued into another song, which sounded similar to Flight of the Bumblebee, but closer to the music they were playing before.  

They told me they had a gig with a seven piece band over at J.J.'s on MLK that night.  

There was something about the way the fiddle player commanded his instrument that let me know that someday, these guys were going to be famous.  I have no idea who they actually are, but if you ever catch them playing, you're in for a treat.  They actually knew how to play their instruments.  Good work.  J.


Musicians


Musicians


Musicians Under the Walnut Street Bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment